Monday, October 2, 2017


Jellybun Hat by Snappy Tots!

I love this pattern by Snappy Tots, my 12 year old was begging for a bun hat since she has started wearing high ponytails or a messy bun every day to school. Its getting cool and she wanted the warmth of a hat without having to take down her hair or try to stuff it into one of her slouchy hats.
I was really busy with knight hats and the baby aviator and really just wanted a fast, reliable, free pattern.
Now let me tell you there are A LOT of messy bun hat patterns out there! Search Ravelry for Messy Bun and you get 542 crochet patterns (oh there are knitted patterns too, over 100!) and then narrow it to free and there are still 168!! My mind was boggled!! How do I choose? I don't really want to look at each one and read the comments and project notes to find one that will be fast and well written.....

And then I remembered!! Snappy Tots did a bun hat!! YES!!! Oh I dearly love her patterns, this was the solution I had been needing! So off I ran to snappy-tots.com to find the Jellybun hat!
This was exactly what I needed! And made with very on hand items I jumped right in.

Materials Needed
  1. Worsted Weight Yarn
  2. Crochet hook size I 
  3. A Yarn Needle
  4. Scissors 
I love that this is worsted weight, I have tons in my stash! An I hook is a great size for late evening crocheting when my hands are tired and sore due to my fibromyalgia. 

This hat took about an hour! Start to finish! and my daughter loves it and all her friends want one (I learned long ago to just say no to all the friends!!) 

So if you need a fast, reliable bun hat pattern I highly suggest the Jellybun Hat! To add it to your ravelry queue click here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Vincent Cloak

Have you heard of the amazing designer and blogger Knot Bad? Well I am here to tell you he is truly one of a kind. You can check him out her...