Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Vincent Cloak

Have you heard of the amazing designer and blogger Knot Bad? Well I am here to tell you he is truly one of a kind. You can check him out here at https://knotbadami.com/



He has started his own yarn movement called Yarn Punk. Now I know to some, this sounds a bit odd, but it is truly what I have spent years trying to find. A category other than an "old lady" craft. Yarn punk is moving yarn crafts into a fashion category all its own. Showcasing yarn artists who bring crochet and knitting into their everyday fashions and adding yarn as amazing accessories too.



Vincent aka Knot Bad brings an added bonus to his yarn fashions by designing things that are not only stylish and practical but also unisex. His Blood Moon Cardi pictured on my son below and Elysium Cowl both look amazing on men as well as women and his newest garment the Vincent Cloak is a unisex style as well.




I love that his designs are unisex, anytime I can find something both my teens like is a good thing! My son is getting a cloak next, this time mom got hers first.



I recently worked up a Vincent Cloak for myself an I have to say I love it. It is a fabulous poncho but it has the added detail of lacing up the front which when unlaced leaves you with full use of your arms. I like to wear mine with the lacing in the front for the most part but when I am carrying my bag into work I like to turn it so the lacing runs up one side so when unlaced I can still get my bag over my shoulder to carry it without bunching up the cloak.
However all laced up it is perfectly warm and snuggly for by the fire or walking to your favorite shops on a chilly day.




This pattern is so easy to make, it uses about 7 skeins of Lionbrand Thick and Quick and it comes in a beautiful range of colors! I got mine for a great deal from Joann Fabric!!
With this super bulky yarn, and a 10mm crochet hook you can whip one up in no time.
I made mine in just 2 evenings about 3 hours each evening.

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll let me know if you try this amazing pattern by Knot bad and if you share photos make sure to use #yarnpunk so Vincent can see it too!!!

Happy Hooking!
Um



No comments:

Post a Comment

Vincent Cloak

Have you heard of the amazing designer and blogger Knot Bad? Well I am here to tell you he is truly one of a kind. You can check him out her...