Friday, October 26, 2018

Crocheted Indoor Snowballs!!!




Ready or not here they are!! My first ever pattern for indoor snowballs!! These were so fun to make! 

The idea behind these is a way for kids to have all the fun of a snowball fight with out the cold noses and snow!! These will make great gifts for kids who live where it never snows and great for indoor recess at school or fun time in a classroom or just another fun family activity!


I got the idea of these from the crocheted water balloons by Left in Knots but these Crocheted Indoor Snowballs are filled with polyfil stuffing. They are soft enough to not hurt even when thrown very hard and they are machine washable and dryable! 

See my last post for game ideas to use with the Crocheted Indoor Snowballs.

And now the pattern! I will be putting a pdf on Ravelry soon for those who want to work offline.



Crocheted Indoor Snowballs
By Um Creations - Melissa Johnston
Or grab a pdf copy on Ravelry HERE

What you need -

Bernat Blanket Yarn
8mm L hook
Polyfil stuffing
Large Eyed Yarn needle
Scissors

Stitches used
Ch - Chain
Sc - single crochet
Sc2tog - single crochet 2 together (decrease)
Slst - slip stitch

Ch 2

Rnd 1 - 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook join with slst to first sc, ch 1 (8sc)
(Ch1 does NOT count as a stitch here or throughout pattern)
Rnd 2 - 2sc in each st around join with slst to first sc, ch 1 (16 sc)
Rnd 3-5 - sc in each st around join with slst to first sc, ch 1 (16 sc)
Rnd 6 - sc2tog around join with a slst to first sc, fasten off leaving a 6 inch tail to close top. (8 sc)

Stuff firmly with polyfil stuffing. Weave tail through last round to close top.

And you’re done!! Enjoy!!

I hope you love making these as much as I did and remember to tag me on instagram with @umcreations and the hashtag #crochetedindoorsnowballs
I would love to see your finished snowballs!!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Girlie! Must try this for a teacher gift! I mean what teacher wouldn't want to stay inside having a snowball fight?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree a teacher would love these! I took one to work for my one of my special needs kiddos and she just loves squeezing it. It is great as a sensory toy too! Let me know how you like the pattern!!

      Delete

Vincent Cloak

Have you heard of the amazing designer and blogger Knot Bad? Well I am here to tell you he is truly one of a kind. You can check him out her...